Choosing the right SEO keywords is one of the most important tasks of your search engine optimization strategy and can lead to the success of your SEO campaign or the failure thereof.
Keyword Research is Critical for SEO
Latest statistics show that around 70% users always research for products online before making a purchase decision. So basically, the buying cycle starts with “keywords” being entered into the Google search box. The Internet has become the biggest marketplace for exchange of goods and services and every day there are more than 120 Million new websites launched on the World Wide Web, with a unanimous motive – To establish online.
Selecting the Right Keywords Leads to Success
When it comes to online establishment, even a small wrong turn in your marketing endeavors can mean a great loss in business opportunities for you as well as loss in revenue and resources. Something as minute as a ‘Keyword’ can decide the fate of a business, as it will decide what kind of conversions your business will aim to drive in the long run.
Keyword research is one of the most vital, valuable and most promising activities in the world of search marketing. Websites on the web can only be ranked higher in the search engines through the art of Search Engine Optimization and this kind of optimization is only profitable if you have the best SEO keywords to backup your online campaigns.
Choosing the right keywords for SEO is often confused to be a very easy task as many Digital Marketing firms boast of giving their clients top ranking for keywords on Search Engines. Even though it is good to rank on SERPs, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that your business is going to get a lot of conversions from those rankings – due to generic nature of keyword selection process. Let me explain this with an example – Say, you own a skateboard distributorship in Cape Town, we could easily rank your firm for generic keywords like “What is a skateboard?” Or “Different types of skateboards”, which would definitely get you visitors, but no conversions because these types of visitors will only be hunting for information. Instead if we research further into your industry, we come to know that “Skate Boards by Urban Machine” are pretty famous in Cape Town, so we rank your business for “Urban machine Skateboard Sellers in Cape Town.” Users who will be looking to buy targeted skateboards will come to your website through these queries and you will generate guaranteed buyers. See the magic of search engine optimization keywords?
Targeting SEO Keywords with the Right Intent
Remember – It’s not always about getting visitors to your website; it is about getting those visitors who are looking to make a purchase.
Before you can understand how to select the right keywords for you business, you must understand which keywords are more valuable for your business.
Say, you own a shoe store online. Do your black shoes generate more sales or do your blue shoes generate the most sales? In case your blue shoes outsold your black shoes, would it be fair to say that the keyword “blue shoes” is more valuable for your business? To understand the value of a keyword, the experts at SEO Traffic will spend time in understanding your present website, making hypotheses, testing and repeating – this is the old, tried and tested marketing formula.
Though it would be great to rank your business for “shoes” or “skateboards” that have about 6,000 searches a day, but in all honesty – these keywords only make up 30% of the searches performed on Google. The remaining 70% lies with the keywords known as “Long Tail” keywords. Even though the volume of Long Tail Keywords may appear to be less throughout the entire day, but these keywords are said to bring 400% more targeted buyers to websites than generic keywords.
Letting Skilled SEO Professionals Find the Best Keywords for You
What do you think about the process of keyword researching? At SEO Traffic, we have a very intensive keyword research plan that you can check out here. Let us know what you like about our services or what you would like us to include in our services in the comments section below.